I’ve done a bit of fiddling with the “ed-on-a-chip” release from the SmartXX people. It is an embedded linux “distribution” running from 2mb of flash on the Xbox. Changelog:
- Updated to 2.4.27 + xbox-linux CVS patches + (maybe) proper F & G support
- Updated to busybox 1.00rc3
- Updated to pure-ftpd 1.20
- Updated the initrd image and linuxboot.cfg from Ed on a Chip 0.0.4
- Fixed Makefile autodownload failing with current wget (-c behaviour changed)
- Fiddled about with kernel-settings. Some kernel modules can be made manually; these include USB (input + storage), NFS (server + client) and smb. They are not in the initrd by default due to space restrictions.