yes, i’m back and yes, i should’ve started revision earlier than saturday evening :s.
music recommendations for autumn: björk, mazzy star, stereophonics and (for personal reasons) readymade.
travel plans have been changed: i’m now leaving thursday (that’s tomorrow!). :s
i’ve been writing some quite nifty bits of (C-)code lately, which i’ll probably polish up at uni and then publish… amongst them:
- generating N regular sampling points on a sphere (where N any number),
- tracing your own call-stack when you crash (in release code) w/ function name display etc.,
- make your own win32 tray application framework,
- memory managment pools (if i get them done they way i want to ;)).
in a different universe (the one before 2001-09-11), my parents’ cd/dvd-rom broke, so i cannot work on vStrip for a while (until either they get a replacement or i get back to university).
i was more than shaken by tuesday’s attack(s) on the WTC-complex and the pentagon. i happened to be watching CNN as the whole thing began to unravel itself and became increasingly frightened as things went on. i have visited the world-trade-center myself, but TV or photographs simply cannot make you grasp the scale of the things that happened there.
also, i’m getting quite upset at companies/institutions that use this event to tell us how “human and feeling” they are. in double-page spreads w/ the most prominent thing being their logo. i simply expect them to feel grief, because if they didn’t, they would’ve lost all humanity/conscience long ago, so there’s no need to be telling me that you donated $XXX,XXX for those that suffered – but if they didn’t tell me, they wouldn’t profit from it and – hence – wouldn’t do it…
for something that expresses quite well how i feel, try http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?date=2001-09-13. alas, life does indeed go on – it has to…
the region 1 “die hard” box set (the dolby digital version, not the DTS set) contains the films in 2:35 aspect ratio but not anamorphic. stupid fox!
fixed an annoying bug in vStrip_GUI when selecting chains/cells/PGCs… updated zip is available… so please redownload if you have the old 0.8d!
new vStrip 0.8d:
- added demacrovision (enabled by default)
- removed r1-patriot specific program_stream_2 fix (i hope the general resync takes care of this)
- improved PROGRAM_STREAM_2 parsing a bit (no more “last_system” funkyness)
- added info to subp & audio info (in  -> in which program chains they are active)
- changed SDDS to DTS
- added (ifo) video info
- rearranged output screen to show dependency of outputs
- added chapters (!!!!!)
- added video info (IFO)
- changed flags/types
- fixed incorrect fio_BUFFERSIZE
- better popup menu in ifo selection (chapter/cell sensitive, set start & end)
- ask before adding menu vobs
got my sony clie (PEG-S300/E). very nifty.
although it sounds rather strange, triangular quad-trees make a lot of sense!
for all my japanese visitors that are looking for emery yoshikawa or wakana sakai (or jun kusanagi, anna ohura or someone else): there are no pictures on this site, but try Cuty Mask Melon; maybe you’ll find what you’re looking for. 😉